We just released updated DeoVR including free DLNA and well expected Android Overlay. Android Overlay is one level down compared to Oculus Overlay and has been proven to render better image quality.
We have addressed flickering issue by setting Quest display rate to 90Hz, while it was 72Hz as recommended by Oculus. We believe many users experienced flickering because of the wrong setup, not actual performance issues.
We are expecting to greatly improve app performance on Quests by completely migrating to ExoPlayer in a month or two.
Our upcoming pipeline includes:
- depth maps implementation allowing autofocus, head tilt correction and edge distortions corrections
- Hand tracking, video passtrough mode
- Shaders projection mesh for less distortion and higher sharpness
- Pico headsets support (Neo 3 Pro)
- Launch video on Quest from the web and web passcode login in the app
- Greatly updated WebXR player
- Keyboard and keyboard shortcuts support. Mouse seems to be problematic as it's not supported by Open XR
Please let me know how you like these.